Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Waiting

Good morning to all of you! I pray that today will be a day of blessings, peace, and joy to you.

Today's text: Isaiah 40:18-31

How patient are you? Are you the impatient kind? Is it challenging at times to have to wait, wait, and wait? If you're like me (and millions of others), then there are times when it is indeed challenging to be patient and wait. And yet I've heard numerous times when at a dinner, barbecue gathering, or other such event as that, when the meal has been delayed that after the meal people say, "Now that was worth waiting for!"

Today's Bible text reminds us that "those who wait on the Lord will renew their strength..." God calls us to wait on Him at times. In our fast-paced culture (what is often referred to as the "microwave" culture) we want everything now. If we pray to God, we'd appreciate His answer within 24 hours. Waiting requires patience. Patience, it has been said, is a virtue. The Apostle Paul declared, "I have learned to be content..." Can we learn to be patient? That same Isaiah text reminds us of God's almighty power to do all things. Can He help us learn to be patient? Absolutely. The question is whether we want to be learners in order to be patient.

The Hebrews waited 400 years to be liberated from Egypt's stronghold. I suspect that when Moses showed up as the deliverer, the Hebrews thought, "Now that was waiting for!" When we wait on God, He does things right in His time.

Do you need patience to wait on God today? Do you need patience, period? Ask God, then wait on Him...

Prayer: Lord, teach me to wait on You. Give me more patience. Thank You for the times that You have waited on me. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home